Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review- Ruined by Tracy Wolff

Ruined (Ethan Frost, #1)

Ruined by Tracy Wolff
Series: Ethan Frost # 1
Published: January 7, 2014
Publisher: Loveswept
Source: eARC provided by the publisher
My Rating 





Fans of Fifty Shades of GreyBared to You, and Release Me will be hooked on Ruined, an electrifying journey of emotional and sexual discovery that pushes two damaged souls to their breaking point—and beyond.

He’s the last man Chloe Girard should love . . . but the first she ever could.

Ethan Frost is a visionary, a genius, every woman’s deepest, darkest fantasy—even mine. And, somehow, I am his.

He stole into my life like a dream. Turned my reality upside down and made my every desire come true—especially those I never knew I had. He demanded everything I had to give and gave me everything of himself in return.

But dreams don’t last forever, and ours is no exception. Because my nightmares are darker, and my wounds deeper, than I could ever reveal. And as much as Ethan wants to protect me, the secrets we share will only tear us apart.




I loved Ethan from the beginning. I thought he was humble, intriguing, and damn gorgeous. But he was also gentle, understanding, and a gentleman who can woo, the perfect man. I liked that in this book we find out Chloe's secrets but in the next one we learn about Ethan's. The cliffhanger in this book blew me away, I had to continue to the next book, I had to find out what happened. 

Chloe was trying to rebuild her life after a traumatic event, on top of that, she felt like her family was against her and didn't have confidence in her. So she had no contact with them. My heart really broke for her when we find out what happened. She was determined to get over it and move on with her life. She is interning in Ethan's company, but things get complicated when he wants to be involved with her and she wants nothing to do with him. She knows how other people are going to look at her and treat her so she'd rather skip that embarrassment. But he changes her mind and burns through her resolve. It was fun to read they're rivalry over the blender, it was so funny. I also liked the belly chain that he got her, a symbol of possession on Ethan's part but nobody could see it so it wasn't that bold. When Ethan and Chloe were good together and steaming hot on the sheets. She couldn't help herself, he was too good to her.

I couldn't help but feel like there was something missing for me though. The writing was great, I love Tracy's writing but this story came up short for me. It also doesn't compare to FSOG in my opinion because Ethan was not a dom and the only thing he and Christian have in common is the abundance of money.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...